Shri Gujarati Seva Samaj Sangli Sanchalit, Smt. Champaben Balchand Shah Mahila Mahavidyalaya is the first women college affiliated to SNDT Women’s University Mumbai.
It is our pride that our college has a NCC unit of 6 Maharashtra Girls BN, Kolhapur having total enrollment of 50 cadets. ANO Lt. A. V. Shinde is Associate NCC Officer and she is taking initiative to organise various activities to create nationalism and patriotism spirit among the NCC cadets. Our cadets have been selected for various state and national level camps, parades and performed very well.
Vision of NCC
To empower volunteer youth to become potential leaders and responsible citizens of the country.
Mission of NCC
To develop the leadership and character qualities, mould discipline and nurture social integration and cohesion through multi – faceted programs conducted in a military environment.
Aims of NCC
- To develop character, comradeship, discipline, leadership, secular outlook, spirit of adventure, sportsmanship and the ideas of selfless service amongst the youth of country.
- To create a human resource of organised, trained and motivated youth, to provide leadership in all walks of life and always be available for the service of the nation.
- To provide suitable environment to motivate the youth to take up a career in the Armed Forces.
Objective of NCCTo develop a highly motivated, patriotic, selfless and disciplined youth who is capable of providing Leadership in any walks of life for the betterment of the nation.
Moto of NCC
“Unity and Discipline”
Entry In NCC
- For boys – JD and SD
- For girls – JW and SW
- For Schools – JD /JW – 2 Years –A Certificate
- For College – SD /SW-
After 2 Years – B Certificate
After 3 Years – C Certificate
For SW, B and C Certificate exams have A, B and C grade. These exams have Written Test and Physical Test.
Eligibility for NCC
Selection Criteria for NCC Girl Cadet
- Basic – Height: 155 to 165 cm
- Weight: More than 45 kg
- Physical Test: Running -1600 /800M
Sit Ups – Min 20
Push Ups – Min 15
Skipping /Rope Climbing
NCC cadet goes through the various kinds of training during three years such as Drill, Firing, Map Reading, Obstacle, Medical, Human Resource Development, Social Service etc. The training has been organised at institutional as well as camp level.
Following camps are the part and parcel of NCC training.
- Annual Training Camp (ATC)
- Combined Annual Training Camp (CATC)
- Basic Leadership Camp (BLC)
- Pre Republic Day Camp (Pre -RDC)
- Republic Day Camp (RDC)
- Advance Leadership Camp (ALC)
- Course at Himalayan Mountaineering Institute, Darjeeling.
- Paratroopers Camp
- National Integrations Camp (NIC)
- Attachment to regular Army / Navy – Army
Attachment and Hospital Attachment Camps
- Thal Sainik Camp (TSC )
- Ek Bharat Shreshtha Bharat Camp (EBSB)
The scholarships available for N.C.C. cadet are –
1) Chief Minister Scholarship
2) Maharashtra Govt. Scholarship
3) Cadet Welfare Society Scholarship
4) Sahara Scholarship
5) Shyam Benegal Scholarship
6) DG. NCC Scholarship
7) Bonus Marks in the University Exam.
NCC Activities related to Social Service
Social service is very important part of NCC. Every Year, following social services are organised by our college under the guidelines of 6 Maharashtra Girls Bn, Kolhapur and DG NCC.
|1||Tree plantation||Tree plantation has been done by cadets in the campus of our college and during the ATC camps.|
|2||Cleanliness campaign||Cleanliness campaign has been organised at ATC camps as well as in the college.|
|3||Blood donation||Blood donation camp has been organised in the college and also in the various camps.|
|4||Pulse polio||Our cadets along with ANO take active participation in the Pulse Polio campaign.|
|5||Social Awareness Programs||Our cadets and ANO takes active participation in the anti-AIDS and Voter’s awareness rallies. Cadets performed street plays to create awareness about social issues.|
|6||Pledge against dowry||Every year our cadets take pledge against dowry that will oppose the give and take system of the dowry and will not marry to the person who will demand the dowry and create the awareness against dowry in the society.|
|7||Visit to old age home||To sensitize cadets towards their grandparents, we visit old age home.|
|8||Save the girl child||To create awareness against female foeticide, the NCC unit of our college has arranged ‘save the girl child rally’.|
|9||Traffic control||To create awareness about road safety our cadets participates in the ‘Rasta Surakasha Sapatah’ every year.|
Various Events of NCC