The prevention Sexual Harassment Committee is constituted at college level in every academic year as per the directives of government
Sexual Harassment of Women at Workplace (Prevention, Prohibition and Redressal) Act is a legislative act in India that seeks to protect women from sexual harassment at their workplace. The Act came into effect on 9 December 2013. This statute superseded the Vishakha Guidelines for Prevention of Sexual Harassment (POSH) introduced by the Supreme Court (SC) of India.
The Act ensures that women are protected against sexual harassment at all workplaces, be it in public or private. This contributes to the realisation of their right to gender equality, life and liberty and equality in working conditions everywhere.
- To develop policies for prevention of sexual harassment against women employees and students in educational institutions.
- To develop a permanent mechanism for the prevention and redressal of sexual harassment cases and other acts of gender-based violence at the workplace.
- To make a sexual harassment-free environment for students and women working in an educational institution.
- To constitute an “Internal Complaints Committee” and lay down guidelines for redressal of complaints related to sexual harassment of women at educational institutions.
Activities to be organised:
- To arrange seminars guest lectures in educational institutions for awareness about sexual harassment and pretension from sexual harassment.
- To create a healthy conversation between students and women teachers.
- To spread awareness among students about sexual harassment and prevention act through informal ways such as arranging poster presentations, guidance lectures by resource persons, performing street plays in educational institutions.
|1||Prevention of Sexual Harassment Committee 2019-20||View / Download|
|2||Prevention of Sexual Harassment Committee 2018-19||View / Download|
|3||Prevention of Sexual Harassment Committee 2017-18||View / Download|
|4||Prevention of Sexual Harassment Committee 2016-17||View / Download|
|5||Prevention of Sexual Harassment Committee 2015-16||View / Download|